Call for Papers,
and Paper Submission
TAROS is a platform for robotics researchers with a wide range of interests from the UK, Europe and worldwide. TAROS welcomes senior researchers and research students alike, and specifically provides opportunities for research students and young research scientists to present their work to the scientific community.
Submissions must be in Springer page format.
and should be made via the TAROS 2015 EasyChair website.
Please refer to the style files and templates, with full formatting instructions available for download here: http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-793341-0
Submissions of papers are invited in, but not limited to, the following topics and related areas:
- Advanced applications of autonomous robots (industrial and research)
- Advanced materials and techniques
- Advanced medical robotics, robots for surgery, assistive robotics, Service robotics
- Applications development, hardware issues, devices and techniques, advanced sensors and actuators
- Autonomous assembly robotics, Autonomous vehicles
- Bio-mimetic and bio-inspired robotics, Bio-hybrid robotic systems, Evolutionary robotics
- Cognitive robotics, Developmental robotics, Personal robotics, Robot communication and language
- Ethical and societal issues in robotics, Robots in education, the arts and entertainment
- Flying robots (unmanned- and micro- air vehicles), Space and planetary robotics
- Humanoid robotics, Human-Robot interaction and interfaces, Legged robots
- Safety, Verification and Validation for Robotic Applications
- Swarm robotics, Collective robots, Field robotics
- Learning and adaptation, Long-term interaction and operation, Intelligent prostheses
- Modelling and analysis of robot models, Modular reconfigurable robots
- Navigation, localization, map building and path planning, Analysis of robot-environment interaction
- Robot autonomy including energy self-sufficiency, Robot control architectures, Robot vision, sensing and perception
TAROS 2015 invites full papers (12 pages), short papers (6 pages), and application/demonstration papers (6 pages). All contributions will be refereed. Full papers are invited from researchers at any stage in their career but should present significant findings and advances in robotics research; more preliminary work would be better suited to short paper submission. Full papers may be accepted for either oral presentation or poster presentation. Short papers will be accepted for poster presentation only.
Each Demo submission will be expected to demonstrate their system at TAROS 2015 and should consist of the following:
- A 6-page paper in which the authors describe the system to be
The paper should describe the application domain, the problem scenario, the technology used, the techniques involved, the original contribution and innovations of the system, its live and interactive aspects, etc.
- A list of requirements/description of demo setting.
This list should be attached to the short paper, in a separate page.
- [Optional] Video or PPT or other media:
The paper may contain a URL linking to a demonstration video no more than 5 minutes in length (e.g. YouTube) or a Powerpoint presentation showing and explaining the demonstration. Other formats are also possible. The objective is to give a precise idea, in 5 minutes, of the demo.
Submissions should be made via the TAROS 2015 EasyChair website.
The copyright form for accepted papers is now available.